Selling your home is a stressful, pricey process. It takes a great deal of time, effort and ultimately everyone wants to achieve the best result in the end. However there are a lot of cases where sales campaigns go terribly wrong and you are stuck on the market with nothing to show for your time. Here are some top mistakes when selling your home that you can avoid.
- Selling your own home: Rather than hiring an agent, some opt to sell their own home hoping to save the fees associated with a real estate agent. However this can end up being a costly mistake. Without the research that a licensed agent can provide, it may be difficult to know where to start. Selling your home on your own could end up costing you far more than it would hiring an agent, especially if you have no real estate experience.
- Over pricing your property: everyone wants to exceed their expectations when selling their property, however setting your sale price too high will backfire as you will have less interested buyers on an overpriced home. Trust professional advice when they suggest the right sale price.
- Choosing the wrong real estate agent: Your real estate agent is incredibly important. It is crucial to ensure that they are on the same page as your and have the best intentions when trying to sell your property. The wrong agent can be a very pricey mistake!
- Not preparing your home for sale: If you property is not in a good state when you put it on the market, it can scare off buyers as they can see that they will need to work on the property to get it up to scratch. If your property requires work, ensure it is done prior to inspections. Tidy up, de-clutter and present it to the best of its ability.
- Lack of advertisement: Advertising is key! You should aim to put a lot of emphasis into your advertisement and ensure that your agent does the same. Lack of advertisement means less people are seeing your property, aim to reach as many people as possible!
The process of selling your home will be as effective as you make it. Avoid costly mistakes and ensure your time is being put to good use, and everything will fall into place!